Counter

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Week Two!


So far this week, I have worked hard to stay motivated to maintain fitness and nutrition goals while on
vacation. The food of the week is quinoa, and I sadly have not been getting my extra points for eating the food of the week. I can’t find it anywhere! It has been very easy to avoid bread and pasta, as the fish is so fresh and hard to resist.

The room we stay in also makes it easier to eat well because it has a kitchen. We stopped at the grocery store on the first day and purchased lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as food for breakfast and lunch. I have had almost the same breakfast and lunch every day: an apple with peanut butter for breakfast and turkey wrapped around baby carrots dipped in Dijon mustard for lunch. I’m also able to have a small, nutritious snack before dinner to stop me from over eating at the restaurants.  

14 Minute Workout!
The fitness challenges have been both challenging and easy. I was given the option to use YouTube videos as my group fitness classes for the week, but it’s hard to stay motivated to work out inside when I’m longing to be outside! It has been much easier to spend my time outside, going for walks and runs on the beach, swimming, and playing tennis. I’m in Aruba with my parents and my boyfriend. What has been especially motivating is how all three of them are participating in the fitness challenges with me. All of us have been competing to see who can do the most squats, sit ups, and push ups, and today will work together to come up with the most create place to do a plank (I think it will be a good one…stay tuned!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment