Counter

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Real World


As we begin our “Real World” week, it is important to remember that just because we stop counting our points on Sunday, the healthy lifestyle we’ve dedicated ourselves to over the last six weeks doesnot have to end. During these six weeks, we experienced six different changes in our diets. We found that not every week will work for everyone. For me, I found that even though I rarely eat meat, keeping a strictly vegetarian diet forced me to eat a lot more fatty cheeses and definitely didn’t help me to lose weight. Continuing to eat like HGG week is a much better way for me to stay fit. 6Fit pushed us all to work out much harder, get to more classes, and cover more miles. If we all continue to sweat as much as we did during these six weeks and eat in the way that worked best for you, we will continue to see results and, more importantly, feel like our best selves.

I had a conversation with some girls who felt that they hadn’t lost any weight since 6Fit started. Our official weigh in is next week, and most likely these girls did lose both weight and especially inches, but six week is a short time, and real, more permanent results will be achieved only if we continue our healthy lifestyles.

This week we get to choose our own goals. There is no extra workout we get points for doing and there is no limit on what foods we can eat. The goal is to make your own goals; goals that will be attainable after 6Fit ends. This is the real world. Next week, we won’t gain or lose points for anything we do. That doesn’t mean, however, that we can’t continue to set workout and nutritional goals for ourselves. My goal this week is to eat at least 4 servings of veggies a day. Vegetables are packed with nutrients,and can be so filling. Making sure I get an adequate amount each day will help stop me from over eating less healthy foods. My fitness goal is to walk and/or run at least 5 miles every day. This doesn’t have to be a formal power-walk, just 5 miles throughout the course of the day. Outside of DanceFIT classes, most of my day is spent sitting at a computer, either at work or in school. Setting a goal to get 5 miles in will remind me of how important it is to take breaks and get my body moving.



I’m already looking forward to the next 6Fit and this one isn’t even over yet! It is amazing to see how much every participant motivates and supports each other, and I hope it continues, even after Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment