Counter

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Staying Motivated


I’m home from Aruba and had a great trip. I had a lot of fun getting in my fitness points while I was there.

In the past I’ve had a hard time listening to my body. I will either push myself over the limit, even when I know I need to rest or take it easy, or I will get mad at myself for taking a day off. I’m really proud of myself this week. I decided to use Friday as my required rest day, since I figured I’d want to take a long run/walk before getting on the plane on yesterday. Unfortunately, I ended up getting food poisoning from my dinner on Friday night, leaving me incapable of moving much, never mind working out, almost all day yesterday. Rather than getting mad at myself for taking two rest days this week, I’m proud that I listened to what my body needed, drank extra water, rested enough that I feel so much better today, and will be to get in a great workout and finish week 2 off strong!

Tomorrow is officially two weeks gum/aspartame free. So far, it has been very easy. I attribute most of my compulsive gum chewing to stress, so I’m a little nervous for this upcoming week: going back to work after being away for a full week and starting a new semester of classes. Again, I’ll try and drink more water whenever I feel the urge to grab that stick of gum.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and see y’all in week 3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment