Counter

Thursday, June 13, 2013

We Did It!

Hey everyone! We did it! Congratulations on finishing spring 6FIT!


My major goal was to avoid any aspartame, especially gum, and guess what...I DID IT! Hooray. I honestly didn't know if I’d be able to do it at the beginning and now I believe in myself and can find other things to do instead. My biggest vice recently has been water with berries in it. I think it was a perfect trade!


The minute 6FIT ended, I went to work on finding a plan for myself so that I don’t undo all that I accomplished during the past six weeks. I enrolled in DanceFIT’s Summer FIT challenge to take 30 classes in 40 days and have begun to set my goals for the rest of the summer. I have taken morning classes on internship days when I begin at 9, but yesterday I tried my first morning class on a “real” work day and made it out of the door 20 minutes after BalletFIT ended! Now that I know I can do it, I will strive to take many morning classes as I can and at least one in-studio class in the afternoon. I will also continue to avoid aspartame and to eat as cleanly as possible. I’m trying to figure out a diet that will work best for me; one that will keep me full and not deprived, but with as many real foods as possible. I will also chart in myfitnesspal every day and try to be as accurate with serving size as possible. It’s awesome how many DanceFIT friends I’m adding on the site! So motivating! 
I feel that my social life is the biggest struggle when it comes to staying healthy and fit. I often think about how great the foods I’m eating are for me, but totally forgetting how that’s negated by alcoholic beverages. Being 23 – 24 next week!  - and living in a city means I go out with friends a lot, and end up drinking a lot of my calories. I decided to cut out full-calorie beer and substitute it with wine, light beer, or vodka sodas. I know a big discussion one week during a 6FIT seminar was how drinks often leads to poor food choices, so I will try to eat at home before I go out to avoid temptation.


I feel great. I feel healthy and strong and proud of myself for pushing through the program, and it’s so obvious how every other woman who completed 6FIT feels the same. Everyone looks amazing! I know that it will be harder to continue to eat as well I have been and to exercise as often as I did, but 6FIT taught me so much about being healthy and taking responsibility for my body.
6FIT was an amazing opportunity and I feel I got so much out of it thanks to the fabulous instructors at DanceFIT Studio, the 6FIT community, and especially the wonderful yellow team who kept me motivated every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment